At E-x Solutions we provide a wide range of hazardous area services. As experts in the field of hazardous area standards our highly trained professionals are qualified to perform a host of services, all designed to help you comply with the appropriate equipment standards including the AS/NZS 60079 series, the IEC 60079 series & other Australian and International Standards.
No matter whether you require compliance for electrical equipment or installation standards in explosive gas atmospheres or explosive dust atmospheres our engineers are here to help. hazardous area standards are complex, so if you need assistance interpreting and applying these standards to you equipment or installation site get advice from those who know.
What is a Hazardous Area?
A hazardous area is defined as an “area in which an explosive atmosphere is present, or may be expected to be present, in quantities such as to require special precautions for the construction, installation and use of electrical apparatus.”
Any electrical equipment used within such an area must use one, or multiple, of various types of protection in order to reduce the likelihood of the equipment becoming an ignition source.
Our Services Include:
- Hazardous Area Classification (HAC)
- Conformity Assessment Document (CAD)
- Verification Dossier (HAVD)
- Hazardous Area Inspections (AS/NZS 60079.17)
- Hazardous Area Installation Audit (Queensland)
- Class H Licensed Electrical Inspection (Victoria)
- Installation Design
- Pre-Certification Assessment
- Quality Assurance & Quality Management Systems